Oh In Hye in her daring dress...




Oh In Hye is indeed captivating, isn't she? No matter what she wears -- in daring revealing dress or even just plain 'ok' clothing. Heh.


Oh In Hye (오인혜) - Busan International Film Festival


When asked on why she chose the dress, Oh In Hye replied, “Doesn’t everyone dream of attending a film festival? It was my first time, so I didn’t know what dress to wear. An unni I know from my movie recommended a wedding shop store in Seoul, so I rented a dress from there. I didn’t have much to choose from to begin with, so I just chose that dress. It also didn’t fit me so I had to personally tailor the shoulder part and length. I don’t have a stylist. The dress was worn by Baek Ji Young six years ago.”

She continued, “I don’t have experience with these events so I didn’t know what amount of exposure was appropriate or not. I just wore whatever they gave me. The dress was so old that a lot of it needed tailoring.”

Concluding the interview, she stated, “I’m really self conscious and get hurt easily. When I saw that I was the most searched figure online, I was worried about tomorrow. My parents knew that I had been going through a hard time and just told me to not focus on the hateful replies and just overcome it as a life experience.”

Partially quoted from allkpop, "Actress Oh In Hye talks about her controversial red carpet dress at the ’16th BIFF’".

A Korean actress has become the talk of the town after she strutted down the red carpet at the 16th Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) last Thursday in a revealing ensemble.

27-year-old Oh In Hye’s dress - called “Grecian goddess-inspired” by allkpop.com - featured a plunging neckline which showed jaw-dropping amounts of cleavage.

Pairing her outfit was a gold clutch and glittery heels, with accessories being kept to a minimum so as not to draw attention away from the dress, the entertainment website said.

Oh is a fairly fresh face in the Korean movie industry - having scored a supporting role in 2010’s “Sin of a family” - but her daring dress, reports claimed, stole the limelight from bigger names like Chinese starlet Fan Bingbing and French actress Isabelle Huppert during the festival’s opening.

It was actually her first-time on the red carpet, the actress told reporters, and she had rented the dress from a bridal shop – a recommendation from an unni, or ‘elder sister’ from a movie.

She said that the gown was worn by actress Baek Ji Young six years ago, and as it did not fit her, she had to tailor it personally.

“I merely went to the event hoping to get caught on camera, but I think the situation blew up into something out of my control.

There were some who criticised me for going overboard, but what I want to make clear is that I didn’t seek the attention purposely,” she was quoted as saying on allkpop.com.

From Diva Asia, "Controversial red carpet dress at Busan Film Festival".

Photos source: allkpop, hancinema

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive