Universal Studios Singapore Grand Opening ... and i'm missin' it!!

How could I miss the yesterday Universal Studios Singapore Grand Opening?!?! So much for marking it on my calendar. Sigh.

A lot of photo ops on this grand event. Darn. Now I can only enjoy the second-hand photos (still great shots, though!) from Straits Times photo gallery here.

It's very encouraging to see how the news travel to India. Check out the Times of India article, "India will have to wait for a movie studio theme park". Partially quoted:

However Indian film studios are aspiring to build their own theme parks on the lines of the Universal Studios especially Film City Mumbai for which they have been in consultation with the studio. Tom Williams, CEO of Universal Theme Park said, "Discussions are on, but it will be a while before India is ready for a theme park. It is imminent though."


Malaysian My Sinchew has this to report in "Universal Studios significant for Singapore's tourism landscape":

Minister for Trade and Industry Lim Hng Kiang said Sentosa has developed different leisure and entertainment zones to cater to diverse interests and the opening of Resorts World Sentosa, including Universal Studios Singapore, would add to the "buzz" on the island.


It sure adds 'buzz', alright!

So have you gone to Universal Studios Singapore already? ;)


Universal Studios Singapore website tickets



About 1,600 guests attended a star-studded red carpet event to mark Universal Studios Singapore's grand opening on Friday.

They included international celebrities, as well government officials and prominent business people.

Some of the celebrities who turned up include Jet Li, Vicki Zhao, Maggie Cheung as well as former American Idol judge Paula Abdul.

Cheung also told the media what she's been up to lately.

"I'm actually enjoying myself, learning new things and doing a few things outside of acting because I feel if I ever wanted to achieve anything else but acting, I have to start now," said the Hong Kong actress.

Ex-California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger was slated to be at the event, but reportedly terminated his presence, so he could focus on domestic issues back at home.

American Idol star Fantasia Barrino also cancelled on her appearance.

Her judge in the past, Paula Abdul, who did make a showing, earlier held a press conference and spoke about American Idol season 10 winner, Scotty McCreery.

She said: "What you probably don't know is that I guessed the winner - from eight seasons since I was there, I guessed six of the eight winners. I put my answers on a self-addressed envelope and get it notarised, and I have so much fun going look who I picked!"

From Channel NewsAsia, "Star-studded opening for Universal Studios Singapore".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive