Bell Nuntita (Nuntrita Khampriranon) inspires with his/her singing!!

Bell Nuntita aka Nuntrita “Bell” Khampriranon


Check out this intriguing clip, "Thailand's Got Talent : Boy or Girl? (English Subtitle)" (so far has gathered 918,264 views since uploaded on 14/03/11!!) featuring a beautiful transexual contestant, Bell Nuntita (real name, Nuntrita Khampriranon) singing a 'solo duet' (making use of his/her dual voice of feminine & masculine. That's GENIUS!!)

She is pretty, she sings well, and she stunned everyone on Thailand's Got Talent when she started singing in a man's voice.

Bell Nuntita, 27, is a transsexual contestant who wowed the judges and the audience when halfway through her audition piece, she changed her feminine singing voice to a very masculine bass.

Her appearance in the show is not unusual in a country where it is accepted for men to undergo sex change to become a woman when he feels out of place in his body.

"Katoeys (the Thai name for men who undergo sex change) are common in Thailand, so no one really criticizes her or makes a big deal out of it," said Thai student Bay Wallapa.

She added, "But even though I'm used to seeing katoeys in Thailand, I was still so shocked when she suddenly switched voices. She's very good."

Her Youtube clip without English subtitles alone has garnered half a million views; the one with subtitles also has another half a million.

Famous celebrity blogger Perez Hilton was so amazed at her talent, calling her "truly a wonderous talent to behold."

When her friend posted the link on Facebook, Singaporean Shahida Hassim commented, "I keep watching this over and over again. She is so pretty. Her voice is beautiful. His voice is so manly."

Said Anjali Ragu, Singaporean student currently on exchange in a Thai university, "It was creepy and cool at the same time, I couldn't even tell that she was transsexual."

From Yahoo! News, "Transsexual wows in Thai talent contest".

'The Next Susan Boyle': Bell Nuntita Wows Audience on Thailand's Got Talent

Transgender singer Bell Nuntita wowed the judges and audience alike with a beautiful singing voice that transformed into a masculine bass. Think American Idol meets The Crying Game. Or something like that. The video is a must-see.

The judges agreed that Bell Nuntita crushed it and will move on to the next round. One of the judges said that he suspected that Bell was a dude, but, when she started singing, he thought he was wrong... until Bell Nuntita switched to the male voice.

In the post-audition interview (English subtitles), Bell Nuntita said, “They'd always made fun of me, called me 'fag', 'drag queen', but what could I possibly do? And my dad never accepted [me] for what I am. The worst, he once beat me badly. He tried to beat me until I quit being gay. I want to tell my dad that I love him, and that I made finally it now."

Some blogs are calling Bell Nuntita "Thailand's Susan Boyle", though how a young male could be compared to Susan Boyle is an open question. Both are early-season breakout successes, but there the similarity ends.

This was the second episode of the inaugural season of Thailand's Got Talent.

From NowPublic, "Bell Nuntita: Transgender Singer on Thailand's Got Talent- Video".

Beautiful contestant Bell Nuntita wowed judges on Thailand’s Got Talent with her feminine alto voice, then stunned them again when she lowered her pitch to an ultra-masculine bass.

“I’ve been ridiculed a lot, like, ‘you fag’ or stuff like that... But I’ve had to keep it inside the whole time,” she said in a later interview, telling of her transgender journey. “And my dad would not accept me, to the point where he hits me so I could change back from being a transsexual to being ‘normal’.”

“I just want to tell my dad that I love him so much and I can do this.”

Nuntita received the thumbs-up from all three of the TV show’s judges for her solo ‘duet’ and the audience went wild, so now a huge fanbase is supporting her to take the top title.

Said one of the judges after her song: “Initially, I was certain that you were a transexual, but once you began singing, I was fooled to think that you were female. After you started the male verse, I should have trusted my gut feeling.”

From GayNZ.com, "Transgender singer wows TV judges".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive